In less than two weeks it’s already Christmas Eve. So it’s time to prepare my big Christmas kitchen session. I love giving friends and family baked, cooked and home made presents. As soon as the first door of my Advent calendar is open, I start planning the ingredients and time table so that all the presents are ready in time.
Last year, I made chocolate truffles, pomegranate jam and honey with nuts and on the blog I shared a quick Christmassy granola with you. So I also thought about some small gifts this year. Today I have my recipe for a healthy chocolate spread for you to surprise your loved ones with. You only need a food processor and some patience to prepare it. And you should have some space left in your fridge or basement, because the spread lasts longer stored in a cool place.
Winter Chocolate Spread
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1-3 tablespoons coconut blossom sugar
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast them for 10-15 minutes at 120 degree Celsius until the whole kitchen smells amazing. Keep some hazelnuts for the decoration.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and let the nuts cool.
- Use a kitchen towel to rub the peel off the nuts and put the nuts into a food processor.
- Blend the nuts until you have a runny nut butter. Just blend in intervalls of 1-2 minutes and take some small breaks between them.
- Pour the nut butter into a nice jar and decorate with the left hazelnuts.
- Once it’s open the nut butter can be kept for several weeks, if it’s stored in an airtight container in a cool place.