On my Blog Birthday I already shared my favourite healthy banana bread recipe with you. Since I would like to bake banana breads every week, I thought that sticking to only one recipe could get quite monotonous after a while. So why not mixing some of my beloved peanuts into the cake? But only ground peanuts were not good enough, because I wanted even more peanut flavour and therefore replaced the butter with peanut butter. The result of my creation was this delicious, healthy and natural peanut banana bread.
I like to have it in the afternoon with my coffee or as a dessert with even more peanut butter on top. Before I come to the recipe, I have to warn you: You might get addicted to it after trying it. But regarding the ingredients, it’s all right to love this treat.
Healthy Peanut Banana Bread
150g of spelt flour
2 ripe bananas
1 -2 tablespoons of water
100g of unsweetened peanut butter
2 fresh organic free-range eggs
50g of peanuts
8g of baking powder
some coconut oil
0,5 teaspoons of ground vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut or ground the peanuts in a food processor or chop them finely with a knife.
- Combine the flour, chopped or ground peanuts and the baking powder, add the peanut butter and the eggs and mix well.
- In a second bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and mix them well with the ground vanilla and the water and then pour the mixture into the dough.
- Mop the cake tin with the coconut oil and sprinkle it with some flour to make it easier to remove the cake from the cake tin after baking.
- Pour the dough in the cake tin and bake it for 30-40 minutes depending on the oven and the size of the cake tin.
- Stick a wooden pick into the cake to test if some crumbs stick on it. If it stays clean, the banana bread has just the right consistency.
- Remove the cake from the cake tin and let it cool.
The bread tastes best straight out of the oven, but if you store it in your fridge it’ll taste still great even after a few days. If you don’t want to eat all of it soon, you can also cut the bread into slices and freeze them in a freezer bag or in an airtight container. Whenever you want to eat a piece, you just take the pieces out of the freezer a few hours earlier and let it defrost at room temperature.