Exactly one year ago I published the first post on Gib mir vier. In this post I described my goals and plans for the blog. Since then, my blog and its content definitely changed in a certain way. At the beginning I published only German recipes and tips on how to improve your language skills. But through the past few month I also shared English, French, Spanish and Swedish recipes with you.
To celebrate the blog birthday I want to present you today my favourite banana bread. It was when I lived with my guest family during my stay in the USA that I baked a typical American banana bread for the first time – an instantly fell in love with it. I adored this moist cake from the moment I took the first bite. Since then my banana bread love has only grown and so I spent several years searching for the perfect recipe.
I finally found the basic recipe for my dream banana bread on Jamie Oliver’s website and slightly changed it. As a topping I prepared a healthy and incredibly delicious chovocadopudding with fresh pomegranate seeds. I discovered this chovocadopudding a few weeks ago on the German blog Kaffee & Cupcakes and now eat it on a regular basis as a desert garnished with fresh fruit.
American Banana Bread with Chovocadopudding
Ingredients for the healthy Banana Bread for an 800ml cake tin
150g of flour
2 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon of apple juice
100g of soft butter
2 fresh organic free-range eggs
50g of ground almonds
8g of baking powder
15-20g of dark chocolate with 90-99% cacao
some coconut oil
0,5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
optional: 1 tablespoon of honey
to decorate: some pomegranate seeds
Ingredients for the Chovocadopudding
12 g of raw cacao
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds and the baking powder, add the butter and the eggs and mix well.
- In a second bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and mix them well with the ground cinnamon and the apple juice and then pour the mixture into the dough. Now mix well and sweeten the dough with some honey if you want to.
- Mop the cake tin with the coconut oil and sprinkle it with some flour to make it easier to remove the cake from the cake tin after baking.
- Pour the dough in the cake tin and bake it for 25-30 minutes depending on the oven and the size of the cake tin.
- Stick a wooden pick into the cake to test if some crumbs stick on it. If it stays clean, the banana bread has just the right consistency.
- Remove the cake from the cake tin and let it cool.
- Prepare the chovocadopudding in the meantime. Scoop the pulp out of the avocado, peal the banana and mix both with the cacao and the milk with a blender.
- Spread the banana bread with the chovocadopudding and top it with pomegranate seeds.
This recipe is also available in German.